Thursday, November 8, 2007

Did God Show Up, Or Was He Already Here?

It is one of those days when everything seems to be difficult. And then, on top of that, you mess things up with a big mistake. So now the mood is get to work on solving the problem created by your mistake, all the while fending off the details that seem to be just a little out of sync!

Whew! Those types are days are really testing, aren't they? Everyone has them, and some of us seem to experience more of them than others. I think I have said, more than once, at the end of one of those days, 'God, what are you trying to teach me?'.

And then God shows up, and everything is fine again.

The end.

Hold it! Wait a minute! God shows up? How can an everywhere present God 'show up' spontaneously? He is there! Was there. Will be there. And not only was He there, but He was at work. Sometimes, as I look back, I can see that. Other times I am dumbfounded, (or just dumb).

Look at this verse: Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. When you pass through the rivers, they will not flow over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned. The fire will not destroy you.

Well now, I guess I can get through this little issues in the details of life, if God is going to be with me even in the most terrifying times!

So, today I think I will look for Him in each thing. Care to join me?

No comments: