Thursday, September 17, 2009

VL Element #4: Joyful Worship


Next in our list of VL Elements is Joyful Worship.

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.


I like to think of worship as 'ultimate focus' upon God. I focus upon Him and His leading in my life. I concentrate on His greatness. I allow the Holy Spirit to guide me in my thinking toward The Savior. I am drawn into prayer. The gift of salvation and the power of the resurrection are displayed clearly in my thoughts. This is worship!


The power of worship is revealed by its affects upon the worshipper. Peace is defined. Strength is renewed. Joy is abundant!


So, how do we 'perform' worship? I like to think of the 3 factors of worship.

1. Concentration. I give myself over to concentration on that which God is saying to me. He speaks to me through His Word. He also speaks to me in a still small voice. When there is preaching or teaching, He speaks to me in specifics. So, it is very important to listen.

2. Praise. Worship is not defined as praise, but praise is part of worship. When I praise God, I give thanks to Him and honor Him with my voice. I sing, making a joyful noise unto Him. I bless Him and magnify Him in the midst of my brothers and sisters in the Lord. Praise energizes man and blesses God.

3. Walk. Walking with God in obedience to His leading and guidance is worshipping Him in Spirit and Truth. As I work out my salvation, in learning and response, I bring Glory to Him, and thus I worship.


Joyful worship sets us apart from daily grind. It renews a right spirit in us. It takes the focus off of us and places it where it belongs, upon Him.


Come and worship with us!

No comments: